The problems with the change are actually greater than I realised when I emailed before.
In addition to the above you now have no way to see which POs we have received supplier bills for and created bills on the system. In the past you had the icon to show you. To us that's an even bigger problem.
After the changes the work flow currently is:
1) you now have to complete the PO, and save
2) then have to go the PO list and select the same PO
3) then mark it complete - a step that does not in itself have any real function
4) then select email and email it to the supplier.
Bearing in mind, you made the comparison with bills or invoices. With Bills & Invoices you have the option of 'Save Draft' or 'Save' on the form which you don't have with POs.
So, would a better approach perhaps be to:
1) Have 3 options on the PO form 'Save Draft', 'Save' and 'Save and Email' The logic being that what's the point of creating a PO if you're not going to email it 99% of the time.
2) Still have the complete and email options on the manage drop down for the odd occasion you dont complete the PO 1st time round and email it
3) When you later have selected 'create a bill' from manage drop down and saved a bill a new icon appears to show that you recorded a supplier's bill relating to that PO. It can replace the envelope icon as this now becomes redundant. A filter to select items where bills have been created could possibly be useful. For our particular purposes provided an icon is clearly visible that would be sufficient.
The fact that we now have no way on clearBooks of identifying the POs for which bills have been created from those which have not - is a problem and a backwards step I would have thought for the utility of your software