How to deal with overpayments we have made in bank import?

Question asked by Asher Jacobsberg 8 years ago

I seem to have overpaid HMRC. This became apparent when I did the bank import and the amount owing to them is half of what I paid.

I can record additional income as an overpayment, but there isn't a line for that in expenses.

I presume I'm just missing something.

1 Reply

Hello Asher,

You will be able to explain it as an overpayment, you are not missing something.

Please can you allocate the normal expense as usual. The remaining overpayment can be allocated to the "Trade Creditors" account code. This will put this as an overpayment on the Clear Books system.



Reply to this question

Attach images by dragging and dropping or upload

Your comments will be public and can be answered by anyone in the Clear Books community.

Find out what we do and who we are