Take a free trial of Clear Books Or take a look at our new product Clear Books Micro

Premium Bonds winnings

Question asked by Alan Bennett 4 years ago

Hi, I won a small amount on premium bonds and it was transferred into my business current account. How do I account for this so that I am not paying tax on it as an income?

1 Reply

It's just classed as you putting money into the business so do exactly the same with it as though you'd made a transfer into the business a/c from your personal a/c.

It'll basically be capital introduced if you're self employed or form part of your DLA if limited.

Reply to this question

Attach images by dragging and dropping or upload

Your comments will be public and can be answered by anyone in the Clear Books community.

Find out what we do and who we are