Do I need a customs agent for a £100 gift? (EU to UK)

Question asked by Alex 5 months ago


I am sending by truck a piece of furniture from EU to the UK and I was told I need a customs agent to handle the import.

But the furniture is very old and has no brand. It is probably £100 in value or even less.

Also, this is a "gift" sent from my EU address to my UK address (all under my name).

Do I need a customs agent for that?

Where can I find the cheapest way to handle that?

1 Reply

Hi Alex,

Unfortunately, it is best to double check this with your accountant.


Reply to this question

Attach images by dragging and dropping or upload

Your comments will be public and can be answered by anyone in the Clear Books community.

Find out what we do and who we are